Check It Out!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Food and "Sismos"

Having the same thing over again doesn't get old here...it only seems to get better! I learned the trick to the texture of the rice from watching Zonia...it involves frying the rice with oil before adding water...who knew? A big favorite of mine has to be the fried cheese...OMG SO GOOD. I asked what kind it was, and was surprised, though maybe I shoulnd't have been, to find that it was made by a family down the street...amazing. I've decided that the arepas smell exactly like pancakes, but are better. You can eat them plain or add a sweet milk product on top. To. Die. For.

If the rain ever stops, I'm going to get my courage up and go surfing. I think it's harder to make a fool of yourself in front of people that you know (or will know soon) than absolute strangers who you're likely never to see again.

There was a tremor measuring between 5.3 and 5.6 on the Richter scale here yesterday. Apparently it is not considered an earthquake until it hits 6.0. I slept through it, but everyone said the houses were literally shaking...how I missed that I cannot tell you. Maybe compared to the noises and the mosquitos, being tossed around my bed was trivial in my sleep-state?!

No comments:

Post a Comment