Check It Out!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Home-stays and Howler Monkeys

Did I mention that when it's hot...it's REALLY hot?! haha. The sunburn doesn't help, I'm sure.

I took part in a typical income-related practice yesterday by helping the ladies of the house to put the soup they made (Arroz de Maiz) into tupperware and then walking around town selling them. I felt helpful. And honestly...this is how "home-stays" should be. Live at a home...and do what they do all day. None of this go to class when they do the majority of their customary activities etc...that's not life here...1/2 of life happens while you're at school...the other half, you get when you go out at night...IF you go where the locals go AND interact with them.

Anywho...just my two cents for the day.

Lusvin is constructing a more secure wall for me today. You know...after buying a 2 foot long red fish that Zonia cooked for lunch...delish. UNREAL.

Howler monkeys were having vocal battles when I was on my way back to work today...they will never cease to amaze, I don't think.

No comments:

Post a Comment